be free, be happy, be peaceful

May all find the teacher within to guide oneself towards unconditional love and peace

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Reviews On Yoga Retreats With Yoga Now Malaysia


The retreat has been one of the most calming and soothing experiences of my life. For the first time, after many attempts, I feel “able” to do yoga – able to accept myself as I am. Thanks.

I am a person who has never been comfortable or confident with my body, which seems to stubbornly refuse to stretch, balance and be strong. In other words I am not a likely candidate for yoga. However, from time to time I have tried yoga to improve my body and mind. Usually this has ended in me feeling overwhelmed by a sense of failure, of being the worst in the class, of not being able to “do yoga” at all. A few weeks ago I decided to try again at Yoga Now’s retreat at Langkawi. I found the retreat to be a completely different experience to what I’d had before. There was lots of focus on mediation and the mind, I was able to go at my own pace and importantly, the principles of yoga were discussed at length. The key thing for me was the way Meng Foong and Marc taught me to accept my body, with its strengths and weaknesses, and affirmed for me that I was “doing yoga” after all. While at the end of the retreat I wasn’t yet able to balance on one foot perfectly or touch my toes (that would have required a miracle!) in those few days I made significant psychological – much needed inner quiet and self acceptance – as well as physical gains. I highly recommend yoga now, whether you are extremely skilled at yoga or are the opposite like me.

Kirrallee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reviews of Yoga Now Malaysia on Trip Advisor

Followers

About Yoga

Know thyself. Everything is impermanent and selfless. There is no 'I'. There is no 'I am selfless'/'I am not selfless'. There is no 'I am hurt'/'I need to be healed from hurt'. Non-blind believing, non-blind following, non-blind practicing and non-blind propagating, but be open-minded to inquire the truth of everything. Be free. Be peaceful. Be happy.

About Meng Foong

My photo
Inquire the truth of everything.

Link to Yoga Now Malaysia website

Link to Yoga Now Malaysia website
Yoga retreats and yoga workshops in Malaysia

Blog Archive

whos.amung.us

visitor maps