be free, be happy, be peaceful

May all find the teacher within to guide oneself towards unconditional love and peace

Thursday, February 18, 2021

Inquire towards the ego

The ego, is the ignorant idea of the delusive existence of a non-existing individual being identifying as 'I' in the thinking mind.

The ego is the 'I' that the mind thinks and believes that it exists as an individual being.

The ego doesn't exist, it's merely an idea of 'I' born out of ignorance.

The realization of selflessness, or egolessness, or 'I'lessness, takes place upon the mind realizes the truth of there's no 'I', or ego, or an individual being, existing.

If the ego doesn't exist, then why are the teachings of Yoga and Buddhism still teach and emphasize about eradicating the ego? There's no existence of an ego that needs to be eradicated, since it doesn't exist.

That is because out of ignorance, there's a delusive individual being existence deriving from the ignorant idea of 'I', or the ego, existing in the thinking mind in the form of a continuous flow of thought process, attaching onto and identifying with certain qualities of names and forms to be 'I', where this delusive 'I' or ego generates lots of unnecessary restlessness and suffering out of egoism and ignorance, that further gives rise to countless egoistic actions and reactions, and the consequences of actions and reactions, that generates ceaseless restlessness and suffering within the modification of the function of a perceptive thinking mind. And hence, the importance of eradicating the idea of 'I', or the non-existing ego, from the thinking mind, to free the mind from such restlessness and suffering.

Some practitioners got stuck in the practice of Yoga and Buddhism about the annihilation of the ego, because out of ignorance, they misunderstand that the ego is something separated and distinct from 'I', who they think is who they are, who exists as an individual being, where there's attachment and identification in the thinking mind generated towards the modification of the mind as 'This is I'. And they think that the true identity of who they really are, or who 'I' truly am, as an existing individual spiritual being, is currently experiencing restlessness of enjoyment and suffering due to the existence of the ego in 'I'. Out of ignorance, the mind thinks and believes that "As an individual being existing in this physical body, I am performing the practice to eradicate 'the ego' from I, or myself."

There's a false self-identity existing in the thinking mind identifying as "I am experiencing restlessness of enjoyment and suffering due to the ego." Meanwhile, it's merely some selfless impermanent names and forms arising and passing away within the selfless modification of the mind.

That self-identity of 'I' is indeed the ego. It's not about "I have an ego and I need to eradicate this ego from myself." But, it's merely the mind freeing the modification of the mind from the delusive idea of 'I', or the ego. It's not "I am eradicating the ego from what I think is who I am."

There's no 'I', or ego, or an individual being, being there to experience restlessness of enjoyment and suffering.

The state of selflessness is not about 'I' realized "I am an existing individual being that doesn't have an ego and I am free from the ego."

There's no "I am aware of my ego," or "I am observing my ego reacting." It's merely the mind is being aware of the influence of an ego and the egoistic reactions.

There's no existence of an individual being of 'I' existing to be identifying as "I don't have an ego and I am free from the ego," or "I am selfless," or "I realized selflessness."

It's just the truth of the modification of the mind (Thyself) as it is.

It's the thinking mind that has a yearning to be free from suffering, that performs practice to eradicate egoism from the modification of the mind, and realizes the truth of itself, or the function of the thinking faculty of the physical body that is subject to impermanence and selflessness, where upon the annihilation of egoism, there's is no ego, or 'I', or an individual being existing. The ego is merely a delusive self-identity in the form of thinking, born out of ignorance and egoism. There's no "I have an ego," or "I have no ego," or "I am eradicating the ego," or "The ego is being eradicated from I."

It's merely the selfless impermanent modification of the perceptive thinking mind acting as part of the function of the selfless impermanent physical body, and restlessly perceiving, acting either selflessly or out of the idea of 'I' (selfless action or egoistic action), and reacting (egoistic reaction out of the idea of 'I') towards all the perceived names and forms through the function of the senses via the sense organs.

Just like all the different egoless organs and bodily systems in the egoless physical body constantly performing selfless intentionless actions being supported by energy or selfless elements from the nature that allows the physical body to be existing and functioning, and eventually ceased functioning and existing (decomposing). There's no existence of an individual being to under go 'birth' or 'death', to enjoy or suffer between the birth and death of the selfless physical body with the perceptive thinking faculty.

Out of ignorance, the mind encounters great difficulty to go beyond the delusive existence of a false self-identity of a non-existing individual being, and couldn't transcend the perception of restlessness of enjoyment and suffering (duality) within the modification of the mind, even though the mind might get to experience the state of 'I'lessness in deep silent meditation. There's still the delusive identification of "I am experiencing enjoyment and suffering," or "I am good. I am bad. I enjoy. I suffer. I aspire. I inspire. I gain. I lost. I am pleased. I am hurt."

And hence, the mind still needs to work diligently on annihilating the egoism of both gross and subtle attachment, identification, desire of craving and aversion, judgment, comparison and expectation, until the ignorant idea of 'I' is completely vanished from the modification of the mind.

Upon the annihilation of egoism and the idea of 'I' from the modification of the mind, all kinds of perceived names and forms are just what they are, neither good nor bad, neither positive nor negative, neither meaningful nor meaningless, neither enjoyment nor suffering, and all are impermanent and selfless.

Upon the annihilation of (the modification of) the mind, the world of impermanent names and forms doesn't exist. There's only nameless, formless, attributeless, beginningless, endless, changeless, infinite, identical, non-separate ATMAN / BRAHMAN - Brahma Satyam, Jagat Mithya, Jivo Bramaiva Naparah

The mind that truly realizes this, is fearless, even when the mortal impermanent physical body is under going impermanent changes, of decaying, aging, pain, old age and disintegration, inevitably.

Or else, as long as there are traces of ignorance and egoism, where there's still a delusive existence of an individual being, existing in the thinking mind, identifying as the one who is the doer of actions, the enjoyer of the fruit of actions, and who is the one experiencing restlessness of enjoyment and suffering, due to the gratification and non-gratification of the passionate egoistic desire of craving and aversion, the mind is not free, even though it has the opportunity of getting a glance of the state of selflessness in deep meditation.

Suffering doesn't exist for the selfless minds that know Thyself.

Inquire the truth of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reviews of Yoga Now Malaysia on Trip Advisor

Followers

About Yoga

Know thyself. Everything is impermanent and selfless. There is no 'I'. There is no 'I am selfless'/'I am not selfless'. There is no 'I am hurt'/'I need to be healed from hurt'. Non-blind believing, non-blind following, non-blind practicing and non-blind propagating, but be open-minded to inquire the truth of everything. Be free. Be peaceful. Be happy.

About Meng Foong

My photo
Inquire the truth of everything.

Link to Yoga Now Malaysia website

Link to Yoga Now Malaysia website
Yoga retreats and yoga workshops in Malaysia

Blog Archive

whos.amung.us

visitor maps