be free, be happy, be peaceful

May all find the teacher within to guide oneself towards unconditional love and peace

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

The initiative of want to stop hurting this body and mind as well as all and everything

Out of the mind's own awareness, reason, and freewill, the mind is interested in learning and performing the yoga and meditation practice, and is determined to free the modification of the mind from the influence of ignorance, the idea of 'I', egoism, impurities, and restlessness, out of the initiative of want to stop hurting this body and mind as well as stop hurting all and everything out of ignorance and the by-products of ignorance.

Under the influence of ignorance, the idea of 'I' (the ego), egoism, impurities and restlessness, the thinking and acting mind that is functioning under the influence of the idea of 'I' keeps hurting the body and mind with the ceaseless actions and reactions being generated under the influence of the desires of craving and aversion towards the pleasant or unpleasant, desirable or undesirable, and agreeable or disagreeable names and forms, in order to achieve or gratify all its boundless desires of craving and aversion, aspirations, ambitions, visions, and expectations, in accordance to its likes and dislikes, desires and doesn't desires, or agreements and disagreements, under the influence of certain conditional thinking, belief, ideas, values, desires, and practices.

"I want the mind to be like this and not like that. I want the body to be like this and not like that. I want the body and mind to be able to do this and achieve that."

And, under the same influences and the desires of craving and aversion, the thinking and acting mind also keeps hurting all and everything.

"I want and expect all and everything to be like this and not like that. I want and expect the world to be like this and not like that. I want and expect all and everyone to think, to believe, to value, to desire, to practice, to behave, and to act and react like this and not like that." Or, "I love you very much. But I will be very angry with you, as I will feel disappointed and hurt by you, if you don't love me and behave in the way that I want and expect you to love me and behave. And if I am very angry, I will be punishing and hurting you with my hurtful thoughts, actions, and speech."

That is not love at all. This mind only loves its desires. This mind doesn't even love itself, not to say, it doesn't love anyone or anything at all, regardless of whether it's between lovers/spouses, or between parent and children, or among siblings, or among friends, or among the members of the community in the world. This mind just want to be able to control all and everything to be the way that it desires, or to gratify/achieve all its desires/ambitions the way that it likes and agrees with.

The mind that realizes this, "Oh, what have I been doing? I have been hurting this body and mind, as well as hurting all and everything, including whom and what I think I love very much, and whom and what have been kind and compassionate to this body and mind, not to say, I have been hurting all and everything that I don't like, that I don't desire, and that I don't agree with, ignorantly and intentionally," there might or might not be an initiative of not wanting to hurt the body and mind as well as all and everything anymore.

Some minds might continue to hurt the body and mind, as well as all and everything, intentionally, under the awareness of, "Yes, I am aware of this is something hurtful, and yet, I don't care. I want to achieve all my desires and ambitions. I still want and expect this body and mind, as well as all and everything to be the way that I like and desire them to be." That's their freedom of thinking and desire and action. It is also their own responsibility towards their actions and the consequences of their actions out of their thinking and desire.

Some minds might have the initiative of want to stop hurting the body and mind as well as all and everything, regardless of whether someone or something that the mind likes or dislikes, desires or doesn't desire, agrees or disagrees with, and loves or doesn't love. That is the beginning of the practice.

Appreciate this selfless impermanent existence and function of this body and mind, without attachment or identification. Make good use of the existing knowledge, talents, skills, experiences, good conditions, abilities, positions, and opportunities that this body and mind has, to be performing actions that would be benefiting all and everyone unconditionally, without forcing the body and mind beyond its limitation, without hurting the body and mind, and without attachment, identification, craving, aversion, comparison, judgment, or expectation towards the actions and the fruit/result of actions. Just do one's best, and let it go.

Inquire the truth of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reviews of Yoga Now Malaysia on Trip Advisor

Followers

About Yoga

Know thyself. Everything is impermanent and selfless. There is no 'I'. There is no 'I am selfless'/'I am not selfless'. There is no 'I am hurt'/'I need to be healed from hurt'. Non-blind believing, non-blind following, non-blind practicing and non-blind propagating, but be open-minded to inquire the truth of everything. Be free. Be peaceful. Be happy.

About Meng Foong

My photo
Inquire the truth of everything.

Link to Yoga Now Malaysia website

Link to Yoga Now Malaysia website
Yoga retreats and yoga workshops in Malaysia

Blog Archive

whos.amung.us

visitor maps