By coming in contact with many things and knowing a lot of things through reading, seeing, hearing or experiencing cannot guarantee us liberation from restlessness and suffering, and to be in peace and happiness...
It is by knowing the truth of things as it is, that will free us from being conditioned by the qualities in names and forms, and free us from restlessness and unhappiness that derive from attachment towards the qualities in names and forms due to being ignorant about the truth of things as it is...
That's why it is not by studying and reading many books and philosophies, or by hearing many teachings, philosophies and stories from this person and that person, or by experiencing "good" and "bad" happenings in life, that will free us from restlessness and unhappiness...
We can be reading many books on philosophies and teachings coming from different enlightened beings or spiritual teachers, but we will still have doubts and ignorant about the truth of things because all those knowledge are not coming from our own realization...
We can be seeing and hearing about other people's experiences about this and that, but still we are not being liberated from fear and worry, pride and arrogance, anger and hatred, dissatisfaction and greed, craving and aversion, and etc...
We can be experiencing many "good" and "bad" things in our life and in our spiritual path in search for liberation, but still, we are not being free from the impurities and suffering that arise in the mind whenever the mind comes in contact with the objects of the senses. We are identifying with the doer of the actions and inactions, identifying with the enjoyer of the fruit or the result of the actions and inactions, and identifying with the one who is experiencing all the "good" and "bad" experiences...
Even though Buddha had told us about the Four Noble Truth about suffering, and we may have heard about it many times from books or from people who talk about it, but we are still being conditioned by attachments towards the qualities in names and forms, being over-powered and determined by the perception of "good" and "bad", "happiness" and "suffering", "positive" and "negative", "auspiciousness" and "inauspiciousness", "respectfulness" and "disrespectfulness", "appropriateness" and "inappropriateness", "praise" and "insult" and etc, that derive from the function of our conditional thinking mind, the ego, the intellect, the body and the senses...
We still have craving towards the qualities of names and forms that are being categorized or recognized as "good", "happiness" and "positive" and etc, and have aversion towards the qualities of names and forms that are being categorized or recognized as "bad", "suffering" and "negative" and etc...
Many people had heard about the teaching about non-dualism, namelessness and formlessness, but, how many people are actually be free from being conditioned and determined by all these qualities in names and forms, and still attached strongly to all the perceptions about good and bad, happiness and suffering, positive and negative, auspiciousness and inauspiciousness, respectfulness and disrespectfulness, praise and insult,and etc...
Many people talk about it, preach about it, teach about it, but, how many people are still caught up in attachment towards the perception of names and forms (sights, sounds, smells, taste, sensations and thoughts), the body, the mind, the ego and the intellect?
May we keep practice non-attachment... And if there is attachment, we practice letting go of attachment...
At the beginning, we might need to go through many unsuccessful attempts to not attach to names and forms, but there's no judgments, keep practice letting go, and non-attachment... Until one day, the practice will become effortless, when we start to develop insights about the truth of things as it is... Then there is no need any efforts at all to not attach to any names and forms and be free...
When we know the truth of things as it is, there is no anger, no frustration, no dissatisfaction, no disappointment and no unhappiness even though when we see, or hear, or experience something that is "bad" or "wrong", and when something that is "good" or "right" is not happening...
There is nothing wrong if we still be angry, frustrated, dissatisfied, disappointed and unhappy when we see, or hear, or experience all these "bad" and "wrong" happenings, and when we don't experience any "good" and "right" happenings... The one who is being angry, frustrated, dissatisfied, disappointed and unhappy is our selfish and arrogant ego that was being challenged, and it doesn't like or disagree with certain names and forms when the mind comes in contact with the objects of the senses...
But, know that by being angry, frustrated, dissatisfied, disappointed and unhappy cannot help to improve anything or to make things become better... It is meaningless and wasting energy...
When we still being disturbed and affected by the "good" and "bad" qualities in names and forms, it indicates that we are still attached towards our mind, our ego and our intellect... No matter how many years of yoga and meditation practice that we have did in the past, it didn't free us from restlessness and suffering... Because we are never in peace constantly being disturbed and affected by all the names and forms due to not knowing the truth of things as it is and have attached onto these names and forms...
May all beings be happy. Be truly happy... Real happiness is not something to be experience or to be found later in the next moment, or next day, or next week, or next year, or next life, or next birth, or after death, or after we did a good action, or when we are being judged as "good" people or "good" beings... But it's right now, in this very present moment... By knowing the Truth of things as it is, and not attach to any names and forms, and not being disturbed, nor affected, nor determined, nor conditioned by the impermanent qualities in names and forms...
When we are free from attachments, we will be undisturbed, unaffected, undetermined and unconditioned by the qualities of names and forms, and thus being free from restlessness and unhappiness that derive from attachments... And then, we can help ourselves and other beings to evolve towards higher consciousness, out of compassion, without any intentions, judgments, comparisons, expectations or attachments towards the fruit or the result of the actions... Just like the universe, allowing and accepting everyone and everything to be exist in the universe... The universe has no intention to be "good" or "bad", or judging this is "good" or "bad", or expecting this will be "good" or "bad"...
Real "yogi" or "Buddhist" or "yoga teacher" does not need to name or label themselves as "yogi" or "Buddhist" or "yoga teacher", and are not determined by how much "yoga practices" or "Buddhism practices" or "yoga classes" that they have been performing, are performing and will be performing... But, they are free from restlessness and suffering by knowing the truth of things as it is, in this present moment now...
There is no doer of the actions... There is no action being performed... There is no enjoyer of the fruit or the result of the action...
There is no yogi, no yoga practice, no fruit of yoga practice...
There is no suffering, no cause of suffering, no cessation of suffering, no path of transcending suffering...
There is no yoga teacher, no teaching yoga, no yoga students, no fruit of teaching yoga...
Be a friend of Be Happy on Facebook Page
My life stories - from where I came from and how I came here...
- Beautiful nature around our new home and yoga studio...
- A peaceful town call Taiping in Perak, Malaysia
- George Town Literary Festival 2013
- My life stories - Part 11
- My life stories - Part 10
- My life stories - Part 9
- My life stories - Part 8
- My life stories - Part 7
- My life stories - Part 6
- My life stories - Part 5
- My life stories - Part 4
- My life stories - Part 3
- My life stories - Part 2
- My life stories - Part 1
Vegetarian Cooking Recipes
- Tomato Fry
- Coconut Milk Cauliflower
- Pasta with fresh button mushrooms in home made tomato sauce
- Tofu with herbs and home made tomato sauce
- Tomato Sauce
- Mango Potato Red Curry
- Stir-fried long-beans
- Chana Masala (Learned from Manjula's Kitchen)
- Carrot Cake
- Vegetarian Thai Red, Green & Yellow Curry Paste
- Aubergines and Tofu Stew
- Stir-fried Enoki Mushrooms
- Vegetarian Fried Rice
- Stir-fried Lady's Fingers or Okra
- Oven Roasted Courgettes & Carrots
- Stir-fried Chinese Cabbage with baby sweet corns
- Stir-fried Eggplants or Aubergines with mixed herbs
- Stir-fried Chillies Eggplants or Aubergines
- Boiled or Mashed Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Portobello or Button Mushrooms
- Stir-fried Crispy Broccoli
- Sambal Tempe (Tempeh)
- Basmati Rice
- Vegetarian Green Curry
- Rendang Potatoes
- ABC soup
- Mushrooms soup
Inspirational Life & People
Video - my yoga asana practice
- Daily Yoga Asana Practice
- my daily yoga asana practice (13) 8x speed-up version
- my daily yoga asana practice (12) 8x speed-up version
- Keep practice...
- Audio - The teachings and practice of yoga (3)
- Audio - The teachings and practice of yoga (2)
- Audio - The teachings and practice of yoga (1)
- my daily yoga asana practice (11)
- my daily yoga asana practice - Adho Mukha Vrksasana
- my daily yoga asana practice (10)
- my daily yoga asana practice (9)
- my daily yoga asana practice (8)
- my daily yoga asana practice (7)
- my daily yoga asana practice (6)
- my daily yoga asana practice while travelling in India (5)
- yoga asana practice while travelling in India - Handstand
- yoga asana practice while travelling in India - Padma Kakasan
- yoga asana practice while travelling in India - Vrschikasan / Scorpion
- yoga asana practice while travelling in India - variations of Kakasan
- yoga asana practice while travelling in India - Kakasan & Titibasan
- my daily yoga asana practice (4) while travelling in India
- Kakasan to Sirshasan (step by step practice)
- Surya Namaskar - Traditional Sun Salutation learning with simple instructions
- my daily yoga asana practice (1)
- my daily yoga asana practice (2)
- my daily yoga asana practice (3) - Sivananda 12 basic asana
- my daily yoga asana practice (3) - Sivananda 12 basic asanas (speed up version)
- yoga asana practice part 10 & 11
- yoga asana practice part 9
- yoga asana practice part 8
- yoga asana practice part 7
- yoga asana practice part 6
- yoga asana practice part 5
- yoga asana practice part 4
- yoga asana practice part 3
- yoga asana practice part 2
- yoga asana practice part 1
Yoga Now Malaysia Guests Reviews
- Marion Le Texier
- Em Bell
- Nyioh Yong Tzer
- Graeme & Rachel
- Liz Wernli
- Laura Wilson
- Tamara Bain
- Jane Tommy
- Theresa Saldanha
- Kaisa Rouvinen
- Gillian Boyle
- Jane Lu Zhen Hui
- Pete & Michelle Meyers
- Brenda Lawlor
- Shinny Wong & Alice Ooi
- Kee Boi Jing
- Janice Tan
- David & Marieke
- Lydia Ho & Marco Li
- Samantha Newell
- Gavin McClurg
Upcoming Yoga Retreats In Langkawi
My Other Blogs
Other Yoga Sites
Buddhism - Dhamma
Know thyself. There is no existence of 'I'. Everything is impermanent. Be free, be peaceful, be happy.
- Meng Foong
- Pantai Cenang, Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia
- My husband and I run ongoing yoga retreats in Langkawi Malaysia. We teach traditional Hatha Yoga - a combination of Asanas (postures) and Pranayama (breathing techniques) and relaxation, that has given benefit to millions of practitioners over thousands of years. Our yoga studio is situated in Langkawi. We also run yoga retreats in Europe and India.
About Yoga In Malaysia
Yoga Retreats Collages
Langkawi Yoga & Nature Discovery Retreats
Yoga Workshops & Yoga Retreats In Langkawi
Private Yoga Class in Langkawi - Malaysia
- ► 2017 (76)
- ► 2016 (88)
- ► 2015 (151)
- ► 2014 (102)
- ► 2013 (159)
- ▼ February (4)
- ► 2011 (75)
- ► 2010 (141)