be free, be happy, be peaceful

May all find the teacher within to guide oneself towards unconditional love and peace

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Be free, we don't need to be someone important to be happy and peaceful...

The one who needs to be and feel 'I' am someone important, and keeps looking forward to possess certain qualities of name and form to be attached onto and to be identified as who we are, to be better and greater, to feel meaningful and happy about oneself or one's existence, is the ego.

The ego wants to be recognized, acknowledged and remembered as somebody 'important' or 'great'. Some egos want to be recognized and remembered as bad and evil. As long as we attach onto either good or bad qualities to be who we are, we are not free.

Be free from the ego. We don't need to be important or great, whether in good or bad qualities, to be who we are. It's knowing how to love and accept the impermanent body and mind as they are, without expecting ourselves to be identified as somebody whom we are not, that makes everything meaningful. It's not about 'I' want to be important, or 'I' want to do something great, or 'I' want to feel meaningful, or 'I' want my existence to be meaningful. We do our best by making use of the present condition and ability of the physical body and the thinking mind, to serve oneself and others, but without identification with all the qualities of name and form that we have or don't have, without attachment towards the impermanent condition and ability of the body and mind, what the body and mind can do and can't do, and all the past and present actions and inactions.

One can be free from the ego and still performing lots of beneficial actions in the world, for oneself and others, without identification of 'I' am good, or important, or great, without attachment towards 'I' am performing good, or important, or great actions. Without the desire or intention of 'I' want to serve humanity, or 'I' want to feel good and happy and meaningful.

Be free.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reviews of Yoga Now Malaysia on Trip Advisor

Followers

About Yoga

Know thyself. Everything is impermanent and selfless. There is no 'I'. There is no 'I am selfless'/'I am not selfless'. There is no 'I am hurt'/'I need to be healed from hurt'. Non-blind believing, non-blind following, non-blind practicing and non-blind propagating, but be open-minded to inquire the truth of everything. Be free. Be peaceful. Be happy.

About Meng Foong

My photo
Inquire the truth of everything.

Link to Yoga Now Malaysia website

Link to Yoga Now Malaysia website
Yoga retreats and yoga workshops in Malaysia

Blog Archive

whos.amung.us

visitor maps