1. Don't expect; don't hope
2. Don't keep in the heart any injury done by others.
3. Don't mix with rich people.
4. Don't compare.
5. Don't build castles in the air.
6. Don't brood over the past.
7. Don't plan your future.
8. Don't get angry on any account.
9. Don't expect any return for your services or help.
10. Don't multiply your acquaintances.
11. Don't be familiar with anybody.
12. Don't keep any bad company.
13. Don't squander your wealth.
14. Don't think too much of yourself.
15. Don't make mountains out of little moles.
16. Don't be extravagant.
17. Don't make much of trifling things.
18. Don't forget God.
1. Take recourse to solitude.
2. Live alone.
3. Keep 4 clothes. 1 blanket, 1 Lotta.
4. Eat 2 or 3 things only - Dhall, Rottie, or Dhall, rice and vegetables.
5. Observe Mauna (silence).
6. Practice Asanas and Pranayama.
7. Do Japa and meditation.
8. Study the Yoga Vasishtha, the Gita, the Upanishads, the Avadhoota Gita and the Viveka Chudamani.
9. Have Satsanga.
10. Possess Santosh or Sattvic contentment.
11. Destroy desires - Nishkama state.
12. Destroy anger - Akrodha state.
13. Destroy hatred - Nirvaira state.
14. Have equal vision - Samata state.
15. Practice constant Vichara - Self-inquiry.
16. Develop strong patience.
17. Have Kshama (forgiveness), Titiksha (endurance), tolerance, Daya (mercy), Karuna (compassion), Udarata (magnanimity ; generosity), benevolence, universal love.