be free, be happy, be peaceful

May all find the teacher within to guide oneself towards unconditional love and peace

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Satchidananda - I Am That I Am



Om Namah Sivayah.

What is the most precious thing that we all are having with us all the time eternally that has never been separated from us and never will?

Not my decaying body, not my unrest mind, not my breathing, not my heartbeat, not my knowledge, not my memories, not my family, not my parents, not my children, not my spouse, not my friends, not my teachers, not my senses, not my ego, not my feelings, not my thoughts, not my house, not my job, not my success, not my achievement, not my duty, not my responsibility, not my wealth, not my health, not my beauty, not my youth, not my learning, not my happiness, not my unhappiness, not my birth, not my death, not my things, not anything that will change and disappear. Not the life, not the world, not the sun, not the air, not the water, not the earth, not the space, not the universe, not the heaven, not the hell. All these things will change and disappear also. Anything that will change and impermanent, is just temporary and momentary existing.

It’s my Self, the pure Self, not my selfish egoistic “self”. The only thing that is unchanging, unconditioned by impermanence, forever exist, pure awareness, pure existence, pure knowledge and pure bliss – Satchidananda. This eternal pure consciousness is the Self.

Even if we come to a stage that we are so tired with impermanence and all the unhappiness and suffering in life and had lost all the faith on all the things so called “family”, “friendships”, “education”, “community”, “relationships”, “religion”, “belief”, “faith”, “ancient teachings”, “culture”, “myths”, “fairy tales”, “science”, “black magic”, “dharma”, “meditation”, “enlightenment”, “the Truth”, or “God”, and stop searching for anything, feeling so meaningless and exhausted, don’t want to believe in anything at all, and don’t care about what is going to happen to ourselves and the entire world anymore, we will always know that this Self has never abandon us, never condemn us, never judge us, never give up on us and never expecting anything from us.

It is forever here with us, being absolutely faithful and loyal to us, comforting us, guiding us and supporting us. It is our one and only greatest teacher and companion, because all the other teachers and everything else (both living beings and non-living beings) that we perceive in this life existence is also a manifestation from the Self. There is no separation between the Self and “I”, and everything else (living beings and non-living beings).

I am that I am. I am not this, I am not that. No name, no form, no shape, no colour, no sound, no smell, no taste, no feel, no thought, no good, no bad, no past, no future, no cause, no effect, no likes, no dislikes, no craving, no aversion, no attachment, no detachment, no purity, no impurity, no birth, no death, no beginning, no ending, no ignorance, no wisdom, no fears, no worries, no realization, no enlightenment, no happiness, no unhappiness, no suffering, no end of suffering. Emptiness is form. Form is emptiness. The Self is everything. Everything is the Self.

Free, unlimited, unconditioned, eternal, content, peaceful silence.

Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti.

When we stop identify with anything that is impermanent, and stop looking at other people’s good and bad, what other people do and don’t do, how other people act and react, and stop all the judging, comparing, competing, criticizing and expecting towards other people and our own self, we will be at peace immediately. No more fears, worries, irritation, frustration, anger, hatred, jealousy, greed, arrogance, low self-esteem, aggression, depression, disappointment and unhappiness. No more looking for something to fill up the “emptiness” in us – the meaning of life existence, because we are full, whole and content.

Because at the end, nothing really matters. The world will still be what it is going to be. Everything will still be what it is going to be. Everyone will still be what they are going to be, either happy or unhappy, content or discontent, attaching or letting go. If we want to change “the world”, we just need to change “ourselves”. It is our own perception of the mind that is moulding the world that we are having now. If my mind is not there, the world doesn’t exist for me at all. There is no world when there is no mind. The world is a projection of the mind. It is because of my own mind and the senses, that I feel pain, pleasure, comfort, discomfort, happy and unhappy. If we don’t know this, we will be in unhappiness and suffering, full of irritation, frustration, anger, hatred and disappointment. We can’t control anything out there but we can control our own self.

The only existence is the present moment now from moment to moment where the awareness is. The past and the future doesn’t exist at this present moment now. We can only explain that now is the future for the past, and now is the past for the future. But the only existence is the present moment, from moment to moment.

By knowing this, I am sharing this understanding with others through giving yoga classes and giving dharma talk without the limitation of time and place. Anywhere and anytime I am not separated from yoga and dharma. Even when it seems like I am not doing anything, I am still having yoga and dharma in my heart all the time and through my thoughts, I continue to share yoga and dharma with all. Life is not separated from yoga and dharma. The entire life existence is yoga and dharma. It is not something that I do or believe or practice, it is what I live, the existence of “I”, the knower of the awareness of everything.

I am learning unceasingly while I am teaching. I gain or lose nothing while I am sharing. There is no gain and no loss. The path is no more just a path for me to walk on, but it is already one with me and not separated from me. I am no more doing the practices but I am the practice itself.

When I “dedicated” myself to yoga and dharma, I am dedicated to the Self, dedicated to all and everything, because all and everything is not separated from yoga and dharma. Yoga and dharma is not separated from the Self. When I am no more separated from the Self, there is no more “dedication”. Because I am the Self, I am yoga, I am dharma.

Stop looking for the differences in everything or finding distinction between everything. Look for the sameness in everything. Stop finding faults in everything. Look for the true essence in everything behind all the names and forms. You will be free.

May all beings be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reviews of Yoga Now Malaysia on Trip Advisor

Followers

About Yoga

Know thyself. There is no existence of 'I'. Everything is impermanent. Be free, be peaceful, be happy.

Om shanti

About Me

My photo
Pantai Cenang, Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia
My husband and I run ongoing yoga retreats in Langkawi Malaysia. We teach traditional Hatha Yoga - a combination of Asanas (postures) and Pranayama (breathing techniques) and relaxation, that has given benefit to millions of practitioners over thousands of years. Our yoga studio is situated in Langkawi. We also run yoga retreats in Europe and India.

Link to Yoga Now Malaysia website

Link to Yoga Now Malaysia website
Yoga retreats and yoga workshops in Malaysia

Blog Archive

whos.amung.us

visitor maps