Yoga is in our life every moment. In fact it is life itself.
Life is not outside us. It is the mind within us. Without the mind, life does not exist. Existence of life comes from the mind.
Yoga is not just within the two hours session that we are attending for Yoga Asana practice.
It is how we feel and deal with our feelings and emotions every moment in everyday’s life.
Be in the present moment, letting go of the past and letting go of the expectations for the future, constantly self healing and becoming self independent.
Be the master of the body and mind, be the conqueror of our own life, develop openness of the heart and purify the mind constantly.
Learn to feel good and be happy disregard the condition of the physical body and outer situations, free from impurities, detached from duality, and having calmness and peacefulness in the heart is Yoga.
To be in peace is not necessary has to be secluded from other living beings, run away from the world, or changing the law of nature. The hard condition that we are facing every moment is where we can practice letting go, purify ourselves and unfold the wisdom in us.
Wisdom is always there, unchanging and ever existing. It is currently being clouded by impurities (ignorance). Once we purified our mind, ignorance will be gone and wisdom is seen clearly. We will see the world differently because our perception has changed.
When there is wisdom, there will be no fear at all.
Learn to live meaningfully, in harmony with the world, and learn to live in happiness along with all the frustrations and obstacles in life.
Knowing our true self and accepting ourselves as we are from moment to moment by understanding the law of nature and respecting the ever-changing phenomena.
The fundamental practice of Yoga is the cultivation of morality (self control) and purification of the body and mind (Yama and Niyama), where mind is the essence for self transformation.
We are living in a routine of getting up everyday, go to school or work place, study or play, feeling happy or sad, laugh and cry, eat and drink, going to the toilet, seeing, hearing, talking, having fears and worries most of the time, having some dreams and desires to achieve, and go to sleep at the end of the day, until the moment our body dies and life comes to an end.
Although these routines looked like small little things or seemed like normal in life, these are the places where we learn about our true self, who we really are, and to transcend the suffering due to the existence of life.
But this is not the end of existence because our consciousness continues to exist after the death of this physical body. And we have to take another life form to enjoy or payback the fruit of our karma that we had created through out our lifetime.
All these are the practice of Yoga.
Sunday, May 17, 2009
chapter 5 - where is Yoga?
Yoga is in our life every moment. In fact it is life itself.
Be a friend of Be Happy on Facebook Page
My life stories - from where I came from and how I came here...
- Beautiful nature around our new home and yoga studio...
- A peaceful town call Taiping in Perak, Malaysia
- George Town Literary Festival 2013
- My life stories - Part 11
- My life stories - Part 10
- My life stories - Part 9
- My life stories - Part 8
- My life stories - Part 7
- My life stories - Part 6
- My life stories - Part 5
- My life stories - Part 4
- My life stories - Part 3
- My life stories - Part 2
- My life stories - Part 1
Vegetarian Cooking Recipes
- Tomato Fry
- Coconut Milk Cauliflower
- Pasta with fresh button mushrooms in home made tomato sauce
- Tofu with herbs and home made tomato sauce
- Tomato Sauce
- Mango Potato Red Curry
- Stir-fried long-beans
- Chana Masala (Learned from Manjula's Kitchen)
- Carrot Cake
- Vegetarian Thai Red, Green & Yellow Curry Paste
- Aubergines and Tofu Stew
- Stir-fried Enoki Mushrooms
- Vegetarian Fried Rice
- Stir-fried Lady's Fingers or Okra
- Oven Roasted Courgettes & Carrots
- Stir-fried Chinese Cabbage with baby sweet corns
- Stir-fried Eggplants or Aubergines with mixed herbs
- Stir-fried Chillies Eggplants or Aubergines
- Boiled or Mashed Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Portobello or Button Mushrooms
- Stir-fried Crispy Broccoli
- Sambal Tempe (Tempeh)
- Basmati Rice
- Vegetarian Green Curry
- Rendang Potatoes
- ABC soup
- Mushrooms soup
Inspirational Life & People
Video - my yoga asana practice
- Daily Yoga Asana Practice
- my daily yoga asana practice (13) 8x speed-up version
- my daily yoga asana practice (12) 8x speed-up version
- Keep practice...
- Audio - The teachings and practice of yoga (3)
- Audio - The teachings and practice of yoga (2)
- Audio - The teachings and practice of yoga (1)
- my daily yoga asana practice (11)
- my daily yoga asana practice - Adho Mukha Vrksasana
- my daily yoga asana practice (10)
- my daily yoga asana practice (9)
- my daily yoga asana practice (8)
- my daily yoga asana practice (7)
- my daily yoga asana practice (6)
- my daily yoga asana practice while travelling in India (5)
- yoga asana practice while travelling in India - Handstand
- yoga asana practice while travelling in India - Padma Kakasan
- yoga asana practice while travelling in India - Vrschikasan / Scorpion
- yoga asana practice while travelling in India - variations of Kakasan
- yoga asana practice while travelling in India - Kakasan & Titibasan
- my daily yoga asana practice (4) while travelling in India
- Kakasan to Sirshasan (step by step practice)
- Surya Namaskar - Traditional Sun Salutation learning with simple instructions
- my daily yoga asana practice (1)
- my daily yoga asana practice (2)
- my daily yoga asana practice (3) - Sivananda 12 basic asana
- my daily yoga asana practice (3) - Sivananda 12 basic asanas (speed up version)
- yoga asana practice part 10 & 11
- yoga asana practice part 9
- yoga asana practice part 8
- yoga asana practice part 7
- yoga asana practice part 6
- yoga asana practice part 5
- yoga asana practice part 4
- yoga asana practice part 3
- yoga asana practice part 2
- yoga asana practice part 1
Yoga Now Malaysia Guests Reviews
- Marion Le Texier
- Em Bell
- Nyioh Yong Tzer
- Graeme & Rachel
- Liz Wernli
- Laura Wilson
- Tamara Bain
- Jane Tommy
- Theresa Saldanha
- Kaisa Rouvinen
- Gillian Boyle
- Jane Lu Zhen Hui
- Pete & Michelle Meyers
- Brenda Lawlor
- Shinny Wong & Alice Ooi
- Kee Boi Jing
- Janice Tan
- David & Marieke
- Lydia Ho & Marco Li
- Samantha Newell
- Gavin McClurg
Upcoming Yoga Retreats In Langkawi
My Other Blogs
Other Yoga Sites
Buddhism - Dhamma
- Meng Foong
- Pantai Cenang, Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia
- My husband and I run ongoing yoga retreats in Langkawi Malaysia. We teach traditional Hatha Yoga - a combination of Asanas (postures) and Pranayama (breathing techniques) and relaxation, that has given benefit to millions of practitioners over thousands of years. Our yoga studio is situated in Langkawi. We also run yoga retreats in Europe and India.
About Yoga In Malaysia
Yoga Retreats Collages
Langkawi Yoga & Nature Discovery Retreats
Yoga Workshops & Yoga Retreats In Langkawi
Private Yoga Class in Langkawi - Malaysia
- ► 2017 (76)
- ► 2016 (88)
- ► 2015 (151)
- ► 2014 (102)
- ► 2013 (159)
- ► 2012 (52)
- ► 2011 (75)
- ► 2010 (141)
- Yoga and "certification"?
- Be happy, now...
- chapter 1 - we all want to be happy
- chapter 2 - why are we not happy?
- chapter 3 - what is Yoga
- chapter 4 - limitation of our perception
- chapter 5 - where is Yoga?
- chapter 6 - how to become fearless
- chapter 7 - become truly confident
- chapter 8 - free from duality
- chapter 9 - detachment
- chapter 10 - actual practice
- chapter 11 - truthfulness
- chapter 12 - be independent
- chapter 13 - fundamental practice
- chapter 14 - true freedom
- chapter 15 - practice of meditation
- chapter 16 - impermanence
- chapter 17 - actual illness
- chapter 18 - gratitude
- chapter 19 - contentment
- chapter 20 - forgiveness
- chapter 21 - letting go
- chapter 22 - looking for love?
- chapter 23 - heaven and hell
- chapter 24 - the power of thoughts
- chapter 25 - present moment now
- chapter 26 - consciousness
- chapter 27 - suffering
- chapter 28 - the mind, the ego and the intellect
- chapter 29 - the observer
- chapter 30 - neither good nor bad
- chapter 31 - know who is our real life supporter
- chapter 32 - our happiness and the environment
- chapter 33 - perfection of existence
- ▼ May (35)