be free, be happy, be peaceful

May all find the teacher within to guide oneself towards unconditional love and peace

Monday, February 5, 2024

The yoga practice of non-identification

In the beginning of the practice of non-identification, when the worldly passionate egoistic mind is still very much under the influence of ignorance, the idea of 'I', egoism, impurities, and restlessness, then it's more about the mind under going the purification process of letting go all the identification with the different qualities of selfless impermanent names and forms as 'I' and 'mine'.

"I am not the body, the body is not I or mine. I am not the mind, the mind is not I or mine. I am not the modification/state of the mind, the modification/state of the mind is not I or mine. I am not the thoughts, the thoughts are not I or mine. I am not the memories, the memories are not I or mine. I am not the belief and values, the belief and values are not I or mine. I am not all kinds of pleasant and unpleasant experiences, all kinds of pleasant and unpleasant experiences are not I or mine. I am not the feelings and emotions, the feelings and emotions are not I or mine. I am not the sensations, the sensations are not I or mine. I am not the senses, the senses are not I or mine. I am not the elements and the energy, the elements and the energy are not I or mine. I am not all kinds of identities, ties and connections, all kinds of identities, ties and connections are not I or mine. I am not the intellect, the intellect is not I or mine. I am not the knowledge, the knowledge is not I or mine. I am not the duties and responsibilities, the duties and responsibilities are not I or mine. I am not the actions and the consequences of actions, the actions and the consequences of actions are not I or mine. I am not the selfless impermanent qualities of names and forms, the selfless impermanent qualities of names and forms are not I or mine. I am not the selfless impermanent changes, the selfless impermanent changes are not I or mine. I am not the perceived names and forms, the perceived names and forms are not I or mine. I am not the world and the universe, the world and the universe are not I or mine. I am not the selfless impermanent life existence, the selfless impermanent life existence is not I or mine."

If it is I or mine, that belongs to I, I should have complete control towards I and whatever is mine to be exactly the way that I want and desire. If it's not in my complete control to be exactly the way that I want and desire, it is not I or mine.

It doesn't mean that all kinds of selfless impermanent names and forms, or the actions and consequences of actions don't exist. It's just that there is no 'I' existing in all kinds of impermanent names and forms, as well as there is no 'I' existing to be the performer of actions and the receiver of the consequences/fruits of actions. Even though there's is no 'I' in all and everything, this selfless body and mind, and all kinds of names and forms, are still under going selfless impermanent changes influenced by the nature's law of cause and effect, and being affected by the actions and consequences of actions deriving from this selfless body and mind. Selflessness in all and everything doesn't change the nature's law of cause and effect (actions and consequences of actions, that is not about 'good or bad karma'), or the truth of impermanence in all and everything.

The duration of this purification process is varied for the different minds under different degrees of ignorance and egoism. Some minds can let go easily and effortlessly in this instant moment, while some minds still couldn't let go even after a prolonged period of performing many different kinds of yoga and meditation practice regularly. There's neither right nor wrong, neither good nor bad.

At this stage, the mind is still having an idea of 'I' that is not identifying with all those selfless impermanent names and forms, where the mind still needs to inquire towards what is the 'I' that is existing in the mind. If I am not all those selfless impermanent names and forms, then who/what am 'I'?

As the mind starts to develop certain degrees of correct understanding, dispassion and right discrimination, when there is a strong foundation of the practice of non-identification and non-attachment towards all kinds of names and forms as 'I' and 'mine', then it's about the selfless thinking mind inquires or reflects upon itself, or the selfless impermanent existence and function of a perceptive cognitive intellectual emotional thinking and acting mind, to know Thyself, where there is no 'I' existing, but merely a selfless impermanent function of the selfless impermanent physical body.

When there is ignorance, when there is all kinds of attachment and identification, then there is the practice of non-identification, or letting go the identification with all kinds of selfless impermanent names and forms as 'I' or 'mine'. And vice versa.

When there is ignorance, when there is suffering, then there are all kinds of practices to annihilate ignorance, or the path of attaining liberation from suffering. And vice versa.

There is no 'I' existing to be identifying or non-identifying with any names and forms.

There is no 'I' to be free or not free from ignorance and suffering.

The one that is under the influence of ignorance, the one that is not free from suffering, the one that needs to be performing certain practices to annihilate ignorance, and the one that needs to be free from suffering, is just the selfless impermanent perceptive cognitive intellectual emotional thinking and acting impure egoistic mind of the selfless impermanent limited conditional mortal physical body, functioning under the influence of ignorance, the idea of 'I', egoism, impurities, and restlessness.

Inquire the truth of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reviews of Yoga Now Malaysia on Trip Advisor

Followers

About Yoga

Know thyself. Everything is impermanent and selfless. There is no 'I'. There is no 'I am selfless'/'I am not selfless'. There is no 'I am hurt'/'I need to be healed from hurt'. Non-blind believing, non-blind following, non-blind practicing and non-blind propagating, but be open-minded to inquire the truth of everything. Be free. Be peaceful. Be happy.

About Meng Foong

My photo
Inquire the truth of everything.

Link to Yoga Now Malaysia website

Link to Yoga Now Malaysia website
Yoga retreats and yoga workshops in Malaysia

Blog Archive

whos.amung.us

visitor maps