I heard many people saying that it is not easy to let go. It is not easy to not attached to what we perceive through the eyes, ears, nose, tongue, body and mind. It is not easy to be undisturbed or unaffected by our thoughts, feelings and sensations that we experience in our body and mind. It is not easy to reduce our desires. It is not easy to be not influenced by the craving and aversion. It is not easy to defeat the strong ego. It is not easy to let go of our many years of stubborn habits of the mind. It is not easy to be not judging, not comparing, not expecting. It is not easy to let go of the past (missing about something very happy that had already gone, and being disturbed and hurt by something very hurtful that had already ended). It is not easy to let go of the future, not worrying about anything...
First, may those who think that they are very weak in letting go of "what you think you cannot let go", may you see the great strength in you that is capable to attach so strongly onto everything. You are not weak at all. But you are very strong indeed... A person who is really weak, will not even has the strength to attach to anything...
Then, may those who think that you are just a little imperfect human being that is bound to be selfish and egoistic, may you realize the true essence in you, which is selfless and enlightened...
Last but not least, may those who want to believe that they are the pure Self but still trying hard to "reach" the Self, may you just be yourself as you are, you don't have to try hard to become the Self, because you are the Self...
If we think that we are sinful, we are weak, we are imperfect, we are not "qualified" to be the Self... This will hinders us from realizing we all are the Self, but we are being temporary deluded by different layers/levels of impurities (ignorance)...
To realize the truth, we just need to let go of ignorance/incorrect knowledge... But we are so afraid of losing what we "know".
To realize our true Self, we just need to let go of the little "I"... But we are so afraid of losing our "worldly self-identity".
It doesn't need any strength or effort to let go of the little "I", if we really want to... The problem is, we reluctant/don't want to let it go...
We all want to be "somebody" but are very afraid of being "nobody"... And thus, we don't want to let go. It is not that we are weak, but in fact, we are so strong holding on to the little self-image/self-identity that we create for ourselves...
Good things, we want...
Bad things, we don't want...
But when we don't have the discrimination of what is real and what is unreal, we'll keep chasing after the unreal objects which is transitory or impermanent that give us momentary happiness and momentary satisfaction. And soon when this momentary happiness and satisfaction are gone, emptiness and dissatisfaction kick in... We lost in disappointment and frustration... And then we will try to attain some other things (which is again transitory) to remove this discontentment... Again and again, we are lost in discontentment, never ending...
If we can just stop "wanting"... If we can just stop "not wanting"...
We will be free from this cycle of momentary contentment and discontentment... And be truly content.
The one and only real "thing", is something that will not change or disappear. And that is our true Self... Everything can be unreal and non-existing, but we cannot deny or negate our true Self who is the knower of everything is unreal and non-existing... Who is this knower about everything is unreal and non-existing, if it is not "yourself"?
We cannot rely on anything that is perishable/impermanent/unreal. Or else we'll be disappointed...
We can only rely on "that" which is imperishable/permanent/real. And "that" is who we really are...
Be patient, be persevere, be natural, be yourself...
You will gain the strength to be unaffected by all impurities, and eliminating all the impurities effortlessly day by day...
When there are thick clouds above us, the sunshine cannot shine through and we cannot see the sun and we see the entire space is darkening... When the clouds disappear, the sunshine will illuminate the entire space, we can see the sun and the space is bright... But the sun is always there shining... The space is still the same space... (The impurities are like the clouds which is the obstacle. The sunshine is like the wisdom which is already there. The darkness and brightness is like the duality, comes from the impurities. The entire space is the Self which is still the same, it is not good nor bad. It is not increasing nor decreasing (unchanging) due to the existence (arising) and non-existence (passing away) of the impurities. It is untouched, undetermined, unaffected by the impurities...)
Remember, you are the Self...
Be a friend of Be Happy on Facebook Page
My life stories - from where I came from and how I came here...
- Beautiful nature around our new home and yoga studio...
- A peaceful town call Taiping in Perak, Malaysia
- George Town Literary Festival 2013
- My life stories - Part 11
- My life stories - Part 10
- My life stories - Part 9
- My life stories - Part 8
- My life stories - Part 7
- My life stories - Part 6
- My life stories - Part 5
- My life stories - Part 4
- My life stories - Part 3
- My life stories - Part 2
- My life stories - Part 1
Vegetarian Cooking Recipes
- Tomato Fry
- Coconut Milk Cauliflower
- Pasta with fresh button mushrooms in home made tomato sauce
- Tofu with herbs and home made tomato sauce
- Tomato Sauce
- Mango Potato Red Curry
- Stir-fried long-beans
- Chana Masala (Learned from Manjula's Kitchen)
- Carrot Cake
- Vegetarian Thai Red, Green & Yellow Curry Paste
- Aubergines and Tofu Stew
- Stir-fried Enoki Mushrooms
- Vegetarian Fried Rice
- Stir-fried Lady's Fingers or Okra
- Oven Roasted Courgettes & Carrots
- Stir-fried Chinese Cabbage with baby sweet corns
- Stir-fried Eggplants or Aubergines with mixed herbs
- Stir-fried Chillies Eggplants or Aubergines
- Boiled or Mashed Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Portobello or Button Mushrooms
- Stir-fried Crispy Broccoli
- Sambal Tempe (Tempeh)
- Basmati Rice
- Vegetarian Green Curry
- Rendang Potatoes
- ABC soup
- Mushrooms soup
Inspirational Life & People
Video - my yoga asana practice
- Daily yoga asana practice April 2018 (speed up version)
- Daily Yoga Asana Practice
- my daily yoga asana practice (13) 8x speed-up version
- my daily yoga asana practice (12) 8x speed-up version
- Keep practice...
- Audio - The teachings and practice of yoga (3)
- Audio - The teachings and practice of yoga (2)
- Audio - The teachings and practice of yoga (1)
- my daily yoga asana practice (11)
- my daily yoga asana practice - Adho Mukha Vrksasana
- my daily yoga asana practice (10)
- my daily yoga asana practice (9)
- my daily yoga asana practice (8)
- my daily yoga asana practice (7)
- my daily yoga asana practice (6)
- my daily yoga asana practice while travelling in India (5)
- yoga asana practice while travelling in India - Handstand
- yoga asana practice while travelling in India - Padma Kakasan
- yoga asana practice while travelling in India - Vrschikasan / Scorpion
- yoga asana practice while travelling in India - variations of Kakasan
- yoga asana practice while travelling in India - Kakasan & Titibasan
- my daily yoga asana practice (4) while travelling in India
- Kakasan to Sirshasan (step by step practice)
- Surya Namaskar - Traditional Sun Salutation learning with simple instructions
- my daily yoga asana practice (1)
- my daily yoga asana practice (2)
- my daily yoga asana practice (3) - Sivananda 12 basic asana
- my daily yoga asana practice (3) - Sivananda 12 basic asanas (speed up version)
- yoga asana practice part 10 & 11
- yoga asana practice part 9
- yoga asana practice part 8
- yoga asana practice part 7
- yoga asana practice part 6
- yoga asana practice part 5
- yoga asana practice part 4
- yoga asana practice part 3
- yoga asana practice part 2
- yoga asana practice part 1
Yoga Now Malaysia Guests Reviews
- Marion Le Texier
- Em Bell
- Nyioh Yong Tzer
- Graeme & Rachel
- Liz Wernli
- Laura Wilson
- Tamara Bain
- Jane Tommy
- Theresa Saldanha
- Kaisa Rouvinen
- Gillian Boyle
- Jane Lu Zhen Hui
- Pete & Michelle Meyers
- Brenda Lawlor
- Shinny Wong & Alice Ooi
- Kee Boi Jing
- Janice Tan
- David & Marieke
- Lydia Ho & Marco Li
- Samantha Newell
- Gavin McClurg
Upcoming Yoga Retreats In Langkawi
My Other Blogs
Other Yoga Sites
Buddhism - Dhamma
Know thyself. There is no existence of 'I'. Everything is impermanent. Be free, be peaceful, be happy.
- Meng Foong
- Pantai Cenang, Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia
- My husband and I run ongoing yoga retreats in Langkawi Malaysia. We teach traditional Hatha Yoga - a combination of Asanas (postures) and Pranayama (breathing techniques) and relaxation, that has given benefit to millions of practitioners over thousands of years. Our yoga studio is situated in Langkawi. We also run yoga retreats in Europe and India.
About Yoga In Malaysia
Yoga Retreats Collages
Langkawi Yoga & Nature Discovery Retreats
Yoga Workshops & Yoga Retreats In Langkawi
Private Yoga Class in Langkawi - Malaysia
- ► 2017 (88)
- ► 2016 (88)
- ► 2015 (151)
- ► 2014 (102)
- ► 2013 (159)
- ► 2012 (52)
- A little story about human's behavior...
- Forgetting and remembering...
- Little by little we'll gain strength on the path o...
- Try changing the habits of the mind by learning an...
- A message concerning the terms of our business lic...
- A conversation about death...
- The ego feeds on agreement and support from other ...
- May love grows in your heart infinitely...
- Audio - the practice of yoga
- mind conquest - yoga chitta vritti nirodhah
- Mind conquest - 10 important methods from Swami Si...
- Yoga teacher who doesn't like to hear or talk abou...
- Swami Sivananda's lessons for mental peace - Conqu...
- ▼ February (13)
- ► 2010 (141)